The Black August Film Festival will be held August 12-13, 2022, at Boston Court. The festival will welcome films about social issues around the world. The festival already has an alliance with the San Francisco Black Film Festival to cross advertise.
Black August is an annual commemoration and prison-based holiday to remember Black freedom fights and political prisoners and to highlight Black resistance against racial oppression. It takes place during the entire calendar month of August.
Black August was initiated by the Black Guerilla Family in San Quentin State Prison in 1979 when a group of incarcerated people came together to commemorate the deaths of brothers Jonathan P. Jackson (d. August 7, 1970) and George Jackson (d. August 21, 1971) at San Quentin State Prison.
We have volunteers from all areas of filmmaking, producers, writers, gaffers, electricians, and all other positions to educate our students in the art of filmmaking.
The Pasadena African American Film Foundation will host the first Pasadena African American Film Festival in 2022
Our mission is to teach teenagers the process of filmmaking from conception to completion. Also, to provide local filmmakers access to the tools needed to make quality projects.
• Invest in Pasadena African American Film Foundation programs
• Sponsor an event
• Host an office donation drive
• Host a job shadow for a PAAFF student
• When you choose to partner with PAAFF, you’re not only creating a different future for our local youth. You are also:
• Engaging your employees in community change
• Providing an organic character-building opportunity
Find out how you and your company can support PAAFF by contacting us @ (626)345-5049, DENNIS@PAAFFOUNDATION.ORG .